Available for FREE!
Transmission of Heat (for tablets)
This app is provided to you for free to try out the ScienceWerkz learning experience before you purchase a subscription for all of the apps.
*****A perfect app for a physical science or general science course that is designed to engage students to explore the topic of transmission of heat. It is designed to address the needs of all students in the topic.
*****Covers the subtopics of:
Difference between heat and temperature
Conduction in solid, liquid, and gas
Conductivity of materials
Applications of Conduction (e.g. cooking utensils, home insulation, vacuum flask, and more)
Convection in liquids and gases
Application of Convection (e.g. air conditioners, ovens, and more)
- Radiation by the sun and other sources
- Key Factors of Radiation
- Application of Radiation (e.g. clothing, vacuum flask, oil tanks, and more)
Everyday examples of heat transfer
Application of concepts in many common objects
Several video demonstrations
- Suggested experiments with video examples
***** Other Key Features:
- Think! and Explore This for greater engagement
- Main Points summary
- Concept Map
- Test Yourself (summary questions)